Re: New I-D Transfer Encoding for MIME

1998-09-09 14:04:17
At 12:29 09.09.98 -0700, Chris Newman wrote:
I support the general idea of a compressing CTE, although the rules for
when it is permitted have to be carefully drawn up so that it doesn't
create compatibility problems (in particular, it MUST NOT be used without
some form of prior agreement between the sender and recipient).

.....which brings us straight back to the MAILCAP debate about how to get
more info about a mail recipient than his address.
I remember a BOF that I was just skimming past on this subject in Chicago;
care to give us a capsule summary?

(IMHO, a working mailcap has the potential to dramatically change the
playing field of the email world wrt deployment of new features; can that
be part of why it's so slow to get anywhere....?)

                    Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald(_dot_)Alvestrand(_at_)maxware(_dot_)no