Re: New I-D Transfer Encoding for MIME

1998-09-09 18:01:15
On 9/9/00 at 8:02 PM -0400, Al Costanzo wrote:

I starting to feel like I'm missing the point. Why is this needed for
LZJU90?

I see no need....

It's not LZJU90 in particular; it's any MIME feature which you don't have a
good assurance that the other side will have implemented. In the case of a
CTE, it's especially yucky because it makes the data pretty much unreadable
if you don't know the CTE.

I think this is a concern, but not a showstopper for LZJU90 itself.

pr

[PS: Why's your clock set to 2000 instead of 1998?]
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated