Re: text/*

1998-11-09 10:56:58
At 8:39 AM -0800 11/9/98, Laurence Lundblade wrote:
I do think it would be nice to have a top level type that meant: this is probably text you can look at and make sense of if you don't have an application that is willing to display it for you. The MUA implementations would then present the entity as an attachment or similar, but offer to display it if the user wants.

This is approximately the behavior of text/not{plain,html,enriched} nowadays, contrary to the spec. Maybe we should just give up and say this is the correct behavior.