RE: Halloween/Message receipts

1998-11-23 10:43:01
It's documented in MSDN.  This link opens up the top level of it for me:
http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/sdkdoc/mapi/apptnef_1cv3.htm
It's kind of messy, you have to do "Show in frames", then go up one level.

Additionally, a friend of mine (from school, before I came to work for
Microsoft :-) wrote a portable TNEF parser.  He also has some documentation
that he got from Microsoft about it contained within the package.  Here's a
pointer:

http://www.fiction.net/blong/programs/#tnef2txt

David Lemson
Microsoft Exchange Product Group

-----Original Message-----
From: Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu
[mailto:Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 1998 6:50 AM
To: Larry Osterman (Exchange)
Cc: IETF-822; MIME
Subject: Re: Halloween/Message receipts

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:59:32 PST, you said:
It is certainly the case that TNEF isn't standard (although it IS
documented), but again, there was no standard (or proposed standard) for

Oh? Where is it documented?  I have an MUA that could be extended to
support these (if only to present it better than "this is an
application/tnef,
save or discard?"...).  Could said documentation be overhauled into
an Informational RFC?

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer