RE: Halloween/Message receipts

1998-11-23 15:55:20
My apologies for getting into this thread so late. (I am not on the mailing
list)

I'm a program manager at Microsoft on the Outlook product.

Outlook 98 was never meant to even try to be compliant with the MDN RFC. In
fact, we
consider it an unfortunate bug that Outlook 98 is even attempting to
understand these
headers as it is very obviously not compliant.

Outlook 2k, the next release of Outlook has fixed this bug, and is compliant
with the
RFC. We no longer send out TNEF'ed receipts in response to the MDN headers.
In fact,
the beta of Outlook 2k that recently was released is compliant to this RFC
and has
fixed this bug.

If you have any questions with regards to Outlook's support of this
protocol, please
feel free to send mail.

Brian Trenbeath
Outlook Program Manager