Re: draft-gellens-format-03.txt

1999-03-11 01:00:27
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:23:35 PST, you said:
I did look at the proletext proposal, and it is interesting.  If
Format=Flowed is a success, I think it would be worthwhile to then
consider advancing proletext or something like it, as an additional
format type.  But I think we should get F=F deployed first.

Is the proletext proposal something that would be upward-compatible
with the current F=F draft?  Or can it be made so?  The last thing
we need to do is progress the current draft, and then go look
at a subtly different scheme from proletext - you *know* that at
least one major vendor will attempt to re-use the display engine
and Get It Very Wrong if it's incompatible. ;)

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer
                                Virginia Tech