Re: draft-gellens-format-03.txt

1999-03-17 09:27:17
At 12:11 PM +0000 3/12/99, Charles Lindsey wrote:

I think so. But I doubt proletext would ever be just another format of
text/plain if/when it got proposed for an RFC. It would presumably be
text/proletext.

I haven't looked at proletext, but will point out that any subtype of text pretty much went down in flames when we tried sending some samples around. We tried text/paragraph with a format that was basically plain. Too many mailers default to treating this as an attachment.

The only possibility for something to more or less replace text/plain would be something like
 text/plain; format=proletext.

If it's not a parameter-based modification to text/plain, we might as well use HTML.

LL