Re: Correct display of "To:" value

2000-05-26 05:20:53
At 10:16 25.05.2000 +0200, Jacob Palme wrote:
I got an email from an email user, complaining that MS
Outlook 2000 shows the name of the sender in possibly
incorrect way. He wrote (I have not checked myself) that he
got the same mail header displayed in the following two
ways by MS Outlook 2000 and Netscape 4.6:

> The header received by MS Outlook 2000 looks like this:
>
> From: Andreas(_dot_)Pfneisl(_at_)reflex(_dot_)at
(Andreas(_dot_)Pfneisl(_at_)reflex(_dot_)at)

Outlook Express or Outlook?
the common Outlook (non-Express) format would be "Andreas(_dot_)Pfneisl(_at_)reflex(_dot_)at" underlined as a hyperlink that you cold click on to get the address book entry; if the address book entry existed, only the entry name would show.

Also, the addresses are separated by semicolons for your enjoyment.
Outlook is not able to display the headers as they are received.

                        Harald

Harald(_dot_)Alvestrand(_at_)edb(_dot_)maxware(_dot_)no