RE: Correct display of "To:" value

2000-05-26 13:19:45
-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:Harald(_at_)Alvestrand(_dot_)no]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 10:40 PM

Outlook is not able to display the headers as they are received.

Actually Outlook _can_ display the RFC822 headers, though it is, I
admit, not immediately obvious how to do so.  From the menubar on the
open message, select View | Options.  The headers of any message that
was received via SMTP will be displayed in the dialog.

I asked Andreas to send me the headers from his message; the
human-friendly name has indeed been stripped in the version that he
received.  I suggested that he compare the Received: lines between the
message that he received and the message of the other recipient that did
see the human-friendly name to perhaps figure out which server stripped
the name.

-- jeff