Re: draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-00.txt

2002-02-05 23:10:16

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:

well, a wild bird sighting report is not a bad thing.  and I could also
make analogies with similar kinds of reports that are even more useful -
reports of the Ebola virus, for example.

*nod*  And I think that's a reasonable summary description of the list
that Dan is currently maintaining.  It's just a list of the headers that
people are using.

if that's what people want, fine, but I don't like calling it a
registry.

Which is why it makes me a little uncomfortable to see it proposed as an
IANA function, mostly because I expect a bit more editorial control than
that to go into an IANA registry.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>