Re: Message-IDs - Another Fine Mess

2002-03-14 00:14:12

Charles Lindsey <chl(_at_)clw(_dot_)cs(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> writes:

So are you saying, for example, that mail readers which do threading
based on the References line are programmed to take this into account?
Seems a lot of unnecessary work to me.

OK, here is an experiment. The Message-ID of your mail was
<01KF8JCEOCBS0045PS(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com>. I have made the
References line in
this message to be <"01KF8JCE\OCBS0045PS"@mauve.mrochek.com>.

Hands up anybody with a threading mail reader that threaded my reply as
a followup to yours (and hands down if it didn't).

Gnus did not succeed in threading those messages.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>