Re: BOF: Format-Flowed and Non-Western Charsets

2002-03-20 15:25:34

At 4:10 PM -0600 3/20/02, Randall Gellens wrote:
I think it would be bad to introduce a new format=foo and not deprecate format-flowed. Yes, there are deployed implementations of f=f, but there aren't too many,

Wherein lies my problem with changing the spec. If we didn't get many mailers to implement it before, changing it makes me afraid we'll get even fewer.

 and I think the software that supports it will support a new f=x.

Some will, some won't. And others will implement f=x only. And those who want to use f={f,x} won't know what to send.