Re: BOF: Format-Flowed and Non-Western Charsets

2002-03-20 14:48:08

On 3/20/02 at 2:35 PM -0600, Eric Fischer wrote:

Please do not deprecate format=flowed or introduce a new format option.
There will be no hope of convincing software authors to follow the
standards if the standards keep changing.

OK, then tell us what we should do. The current format=flowed document is broken for many charsets. It's unusable. It doesn't work. So one way or the other the standard is going to change. The only question is whether we should change the current standard (which would be harder to implement for some charsets) or introduce a new standard and deprecate the old one. Which would you like to choose?

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102