Re: BOF: Format-Flowed and Non-Western Charsets

2002-03-20 19:15:35

I don't think giving up on plain text is a good thing. F=F has been successful where deployed.

Also, I may not have explained myself properly before. I'm thinking that the Format=Foo specification will obsolete Format=Flowed. So we're not really proliferating formats, we're fixing a problem with one. Yes, it is unfortunate to do this, but I think the simplicity will be beneficial in the long run. It's much simpler than trying to come up rules for how to do f=f with other languages/charsets. The complexity of trying to do that will be a bigger impediment to new implementations than will a new format=foo, I think.