Re: Dreaming about replacements (was IDN (was Did anyone tellMicrosoft ye

2002-05-04 22:58:43

As postmaster for your org, which would you rather troubleshoot?

the latter.   it's actually easier for my eye to parse, since
I don't have to keep track of so many layers of nesting that
all use the same syntax, or scan so many lines, in order to see
the recipient addresses. also, the addresses in the latter example
are valid anywhere, and can be typed on almost any keyboard,
whereas the addresses in your XML example are only valid on
systems that know how to interpret unicode and can only be typed
effectively on a keyboard that has the right characters
(assuming I can even manage to figure out the input conventions
for some language that I don't know)

Keith