Re: Choosing recipient of automatic replies

2002-06-03 12:24:50

Keith Moore wrote:

From vs. Sender is as valid as it ever was.  My boss is constantly
asking other people (his secretaries and other employees) to send
out messages on his behalf.

From and Sender is only one way to solve that particular problem.
Authenticated sender permissions is another. Letting any fool send mail as
your boss is about the dumbest imaginable method, given the current
climate. It was certainly a reasonable design choice at its inception but
things change, eh.

I know this is OT, but I wanted to make the argument that the canonical
problem is that the legacy model is not reflective of modern usages.

well, neither is the model you've proposed.

:/