RE: Sieve

2002-06-04 12:42:58

It's never appropriate to send vacation notices to the entire list
of mailboxes in the To/CC.

I am only postulating for specific scenarios, eg new threads (no "Re:").

Well, let's postulate that I send mail to the author of RFC2822 (Peter
Resnick) and CC ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org, asking for clarification on a
section
of RFC2822.  This wouldn't have a "Re:".

It would be like:

  return-path: <dwing(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
  to: presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com
  cc: ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
  from: dwing(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com

And if Pete has a vacation program that does a reply-all, I think
there would be significant outcry on the mailing list.

Also, the message you sent to me had two To: recipients.

I don't understand the distinction you're making regarding multiple recipients
in To:.

-d