Re: Sieve

2002-06-04 11:52:37

   From: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
   Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 14:47:59 -0400
[...]
   > We're not disagreeing here. Management messages should use the envelope,
   > and the reverse-path is provided to the application through Return-Path
   > header field. Meanwhile, application messages (replies, content filters,
   > and yes out-of-office notifications) should use the application headers,
   > (ala From/Reply-To).

   no, "management" vs. "application" messages is not where the line should
   be drawn.  Return-Path is provided so that applications can use it when
   it's appropriate.  Most automatic responses should go to Return-Path.

I believe Dave was agreeing with Eric here that "out-of-office"
notifications should use the From/Reply-to.  I don't think I
understand Dave's reasoning, so I'd kinda another explanation to get
it through my head.

I (and my implementation) agree with Keith and Dan that using the
return-path is preferable.

Larry