Re: I-D Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic Mail - Auto-Re:

2002-06-06 19:19:36

Is anyone else bothered by "Auto-Re" being mixed Greek and Latin?

Re comes from the latin res, for "in the matter of".

Auto is greek for "self". Besides being greek, this doesn't seem to be quite the correct prefix.

The closest latin possibilities I could come up with were:

        "mech-re"     ("mechanical, in the matter of")
        "sponte-re"   ("automatically in the matter of")
        "ipse-re"     (ok, ok, "self, in the matter of")

Anyone else care? Anyone have better suggestions?

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com