Re: I-D Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic Mail - Auto-Re:

2002-06-06 20:19:53

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Tony Hansen wrote:

Is anyone else bothered by "Auto-Re" being mixed Greek and Latin?

"Auto-Submitted" is mixed Greek and Latin, too, for that matter.  I don't
think any English speaker, particularly American English, can legitimately
get very worked up about the mixing of root languages.

Anyone else care? Anyone have better suggestions?

Shorter is generally better.  Given that this is a newly invented
convention anyway, how about just "Auto:"?