Re: drums2?

2002-08-20 20:13:01

On 8/20/02 at 9:03 PM +0000, Charles Lindsey wrote:

Yes, you can do a nasty kludge like that, but it would be far better to review the definition of local-part, and decide on a sensible structure that carefully excluded the encoded forms.

This was the same argument that was made against MIME: We can do the nasty kludge, but wouldn't it be better to simply decide on a sensible structure and re-do mail properly. That argument met the same fate that this one will.

Charles is the only one arguing for this position. I see no point in continuing this conversation unless there is reason to believe that others are in favor of resetting 2822. Otherwise, let's move on, please.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated