Re: UTF-8 over RFC 2047 (Re: Call for Usefor to recharter)

2003-01-14 20:20:13

It's always trivial to criticise someone else's design, whereas it is
very difficult to work constructively in a consensus-based design
process and achieve something productive.

So it's not surprising that some folks choose the role of constant
critic, even to the point of damaging the process.

Well, we need the critics too.  Sometimes we can benefit from well-informed,
rational, technical hindsight.  But just as with any other technical work,
we have to evaluate it with whatever wisdom (or lack thereof) we can summon.
Even the wisest of critics is of little use if he cannot get people of less
wisdom to understand and accept his reasoning, and also to understand the
limitations thereof. And having the wise man make all decisions doesn't scale.

Keith