Re: gzip-8bit

2003-02-28 06:04:35

At 1:17 AM -0500 2/27/03, Bruce Lilly wrote:
there could be some pathological POP3 or IMAP implementations.

Ahem. I can assure you there are plenty of pathological implementations of POP3 and IMAP. I might go so far as to say that ANY implementation of IMAP is by definition ... but I digress.

My real point is just to say "go team". I find a non-binary compressed CTE to be a FAR better thing than a binary one. Yes, there are some icky issues here and there, but they pale in comparison to the fundamental restructuring that binary CTE's require. I won't support a binary CTE anytime soon, but an 8-bit compressed one, I will do.

So count us as a commercial vendor "on board".