Re: Unicode newsgroup name options

2003-03-02 07:10:57

Keith Moore writes:
FWIW, I used to get mail kind of like that from a company I did business with. Biggish company, at least in the small Norwegian pond. Spam Assassin thought that mail was spam. Then SA became popular, and shortly later, that company mended its ways.

then again, SA thinks that perfectly legitimate mail is spam too.

I'm not defending SA. Far be it from me. I'm simply observing that the pressure of anti-spam measures is forcing message senders to be more careful.

I have no trouble blocking mail that grossly violates the standards - because it's reasonable to expect people to follow the standards if they want their mail to be readable anyway. I do have trouble with a lot of SA's criteria.

AOL.

it's gotten to the point that anti-spam measures are causing more problems
than spam itself.

That's an unfair statement IMO. Those problems you talk about are indirect effects of spam, and spam is ultimately to blame.

--Arnt