Re: Unicode newsgroup name options

2003-03-01 16:17:07

You _most certainly_ have false postives if you block \200 - \377.

it's certainly the case that *I* have no false positives when filtering on
unencoded non-ascii characters in the message header.  any mail that I get
that's not in English and is not encoded correctly isn't something that I need
to read - assuming I would even be able to read it, which is unlikely.

that and there's such a thing as "too broken to deal with".   untagged,
unencoded 8bit text IMHO clearly qualifies.  I recognize that others' opinions
may vary, and how you configure your MTA is your own business.  But I don't
see any obligation for MTAs or UAs to deal with whatever random trash is
thrown at them.