Re: Unicode newsgroup name options

2003-03-02 14:27:59

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> schrieb/wrote:
no, I'll be suggesting that they throw away mail that grossly violates
the standards because trying to support too much garbage adds complexity to
the mail system and in the long run decreases its reliability.

``I could not send mail to you, there was an error message.''
``What email client do you use?''
``Foo Mail 1.0 for the Bar Operating System.''
``Ah, I see. This mailer creates broken email; my mail server rejects
  them because they are broken.'' (Optional: ``You have to set the
  option foo to make it bejave correctly.'')
``But I can send email to anyone else!''

Note that this assumes that both users have a knowledge beyond that of
the average user and far beyond that of a user who writes his text below
the signature ``because you put the letterhead on the top, don't you?''

Claus
--
http://www.faerber.muc.de/