Re: Regarding SMTP Message specification syntax ...

2003-10-01 10:00:31

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:

To turn this discussion into something potentially useful; do you
think a 2822bis (822tres?) should discuss X-* or not?  If so, what do
you think it should say?

If 2822 is revised I think it should only contain minor clarifications
of the existing material.   The effort to revise 2822 should avoid
opening up new cans of worms.

I agree.  Do you also, like me, consider 822 existing material?  822
discuss X-*, and I think that clarifying its role in a 2822 revision
would be useful.

The notion that people should use X-* for experiments (be them
implementation experiments or specification experiments) is quite wide
spread.  Changing that notion, when there is an opportunity, seems
like a good thing.

Thanks,
Simon