Re: Format=Flowed/RFC 2646 Bis (-03)

2003-11-16 16:00:41

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:54:54 -0800
Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

One thing I'm not totally sure about is the encoding of space and
">".  I added a note to the ABNF section that says that these
characters are encoded according to the charset, but as I recall,
during the discussions on how f=f can work with non-Western
languages/charsets, especially Chinese, Japanese and Korean, it was
mentioned that ASCII space is sometimes used in some of these
languages.  So perhaps the statement needs to include the possibility
that space might be encoded in ASCII as well?

I guess the question is what to do when there is more than one way to
represent the space character and/or ">", as can certainly happen
when using iso-2022 code-switching.