Re: Microsoft Patent - Re: New Internet Draft: draft-duerst-archived-at-00.txt

2004-03-12 20:56:36

Folks,

TK> My memory is a bit fuzzy on this, but I seem to remember at least one,
TK> likely more systems in the early 90's that did this.   Lotus cc:Mail, Notes,

Most or all of the LAN-based email products, including cc:Mail, were
based on a central, shared message store.  This was latter 1980's.

As noted, other systems like DEC's all-in-one also saved on storage by
sharing central message copies.

As for Nick's reference to Notes's mid 1980's use of inter-document
dynamic links, SRI's NLS system had them operational no later than 1972,
but probably more like 1966.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>