Re: Last Call: 'The APPLICATION/MBOX Media-Type' to Proposed Standard

2004-08-17 17:39:05

John,

Global parameters are useless if the parser is intelligent
enough to figure out the message structure independently.
Given that such intelligence is a prerequisite to having a
half-baked parser, the global parameters are always
unnecessary.

JCK> This is a minor point compared to the one below, and probably
JCK> not an issue here, but I can't let the above stand.

Actually, I suspect you (and we) can and should.

A draft has been presented.  Numerous objections from experienced folks
have been lodged.  Is there more productive discussion likely?

This thread has not looked all that productive from the start and I am
hard-pressed to see how that is going to change.  Certainly countering
arguments about the benefits of standards for labeling, semantics, and
the like is not likely to convince anyone.  If they don't see it, the
only real question is what they are doing in this venue.

Now, the real reason for my posting:  If someone can summarize where
this thread is going and/or should go, I'd appreciate it.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>