Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt]

2004-08-29 16:49:39

Russ Allbery wrote:
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:

here's something new to argue about :)
I'm curious to know what people think of this idea.

Very minor point, but one that's been bugging me...  Existing mail header
fields are all either single words or use hyphens to separate words.  I'd
really rather not see ugly StudlyCaps introduced in a new standardized
field, particularly since fieldnames are case-insensitive and NoReply is
at least partly reliant on capitalization to be easily understood.
Cc-NorePly isn't easily parsable by my eye.

How about CC-No-Reply?  Cc-No-rePly still makes sense.  :)

I've also considered CC-NR and TO-NR.
I'd be happy with any reasonable spelling.

Keith