Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt]

2004-09-03 21:28:18

Some MUAs have a ``reply to list'' function that sends a message to the
List-Post address, or to an address configured for this mailbox. But
this is not exactly the desired function. (Example 1: sender not on the
list. Example 2: crossposts.)

Every popular MUA has a ``reply to all''/``follow up''/etc. function.
Mail-Followup-To turns this into exactly the desired function, removing
the demand for ``reply to list.''

No, MFT turns this into a function defined by the sender of the message -
which may or may not be the "exactly the desired function" for the recipient.

I see no evidence of independent user interest in ``reply to list.''

I've seen a little bit of interest.  After all, some lists are less likely
to have cross posts than others.  I think of it as useful but only marginally
so.

Keith