Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-10-06 08:10:22

The MUA I use has a different way of doing things: instead of having one
'To:' and one 'Cc:' field with possibly many addresses in each, it uses
one line per address, and this line has a drop-down box in front of it
with (among others) 'To', 'Cc', 'Bcc' and 'None'. When 'None' is
selected for a particular address, this address is grayed, and of course
not used to send the reply.

When I chose 'reply-To-List' for your message, and because my MUA knows
that <ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org> is the address of a list, only this
address had
'To' in front of it. But the other addresses where still available, and
I just had to change the selection from 'None' to 'Cc' to include you in
the recipients of my reply.

You can see that on
  <http://xavier.nodet.free.fr/Mahogany-composing.png>

thanks for the illustration.  I wonder - does the "one address per line" get
cumbersome for messages with lots of addresses?

Keith