Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-10-14 06:59:19

I wasn't going to step into this discussion again. Bad mistake. I think I'll try very hard to shut up from now on.

Please don't. The silent majority needs to be heard from time to time.

Judging by the silence of the majority, one might surmise that while the current situation is far from ideal, no suggested alternative seems worth the bother.

I don't think this group is a representative sample of email users anyway. One reason that IETF makes decisions by consensus rather than by voting is that its participants are self-selecting.