Re: Attempts at establishing harmful conventions

2004-12-01 15:53:52

At 5:28 PM -0500 12/1/04, Bruce Lilly wrote:
I've said elsewhere (mail-ng) that there are a number of
reasons favoring splitting message content into clearly-delineated
areas where message authors, user agents, transport agents,
list expanders, etc. can each place relevant information without
getting in each other's way.

I agree. I think the more labelling of content is possible, the better the chance is that we can come up with proposals that will meet everyone's needs. Once there are actually viable, interoperable ways to move forward, we can hope for widespread change.

Otherwise, all we do is end up arguing about making tradeoff X instead of tradeoff Y, which is hardly ever compelling.
--
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?