Re: Test message without From

2005-03-18 06:26:36

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Charles Lindsey wrote:

I.e. I was trying to demonstrate that a From header would get added by
somebody en route.

Sendmail (which run the imc list server) will add one, as will Postfix.
Recent versions of Exim and (I think) qmail will not. You have to tell
Exim to operate in (RFC 2476) message submission mode to make it perform
message header fix-ups.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
LANDS END TO ST DAVIDS HEAD INCLUDING THE BRISTOL CHANNEL: SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4,