Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-lilly-from-optional-02.txt

2005-03-20 07:03:58

On Tue March 15 2005 18:17, Bruce Lilly wrote:

On Tue March 15 2005 15:26, Keith Moore wrote:
FWIW, when I tried sending a message to this list without a From field,

a) sendmail immediately added a From:
<mailer-daemon(_at_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)>

Possibly a configuration option... I'd have to check.

It is indeed configurable, controlled typically via an "F"
mailer definition flag which is typically used to indicate
a From (or Resent-From) field requirement in conjunction
with a configuration file header field definition.  Removing
the F flag from sendmail's smtp mailer definitions causes the
addition not to happen (at that MTA).