Test message without From (was: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-lilly-from-optional-02.txt)

2005-03-16 09:24:32

Charles Lindsey wrote:

I have just submitted three messages to this list, by
telnetting directly to my usual smarthost.

So far I see one of your test messages on GMaNe.  I've
marked both forwards by Bruce as "read", any attempt to
read them crashes my UA.  But I had seen the original
announcements and got the I-Ds, so this is irrelevant,
maybe only a bug in my very old UA.

see whether any Message-IDs get added en route.

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.rfc822:11461:raw>

Message-ID probably invented by above.proper.com, and
the 2822-From is probably a copy of your 821 MAIL FROM
as seen by the above.proper.com majordomo.  There's a
comment "(envelope-from chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk)" in the
corresponding time stamp line.

                   Bye, Frank