SMTP headers

2006-09-14 09:53:57
Hello,

we currently use a RTE (Reliable Transport Engine) to send emails
containing attachments. Although the attachments appear within the
e-mails' bodies as icons, in "heavy" mail clients, such as Lotus Notes,
Apple's Mail, etc., they don't show up in "light" mail clients such as Web
mail clients (www.excite.com, www.free.fr, etc.) By comparing SMTP headers
sent by our RTE and those sent by Mutt on Linux, I have noticed that the
former sends "attachment" headers which don't contain the attachments'
contents :

--------14507F4DC80F4D6511158149340B40B01

--------14507F4DC80F4D6511158149340B40B01

whereas the latter sends "attachment" headers containing the attachments'
contents

--------14507F4DC80F4D6511158149340B40B01

This is the contents of the file
--------14507F4DC80F4D6511158149340B40B01

Does anyone know how to force RTEs or MTAs such as sendmail to send
"attachment" headers of the second kind?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Philippe