Re: rfc2822bis -- adding clarifying Sender: text

2008-01-19 11:39:24

On 1/19/08 at 12:54 PM +0000, Nick Shelness wrote:

I'm not sure that this works for me. Could I suggest:

... to mean that the agent responsible for transmission of the
message is specified implicitly rather than explicitly.

No, that's wrong. That reverses the meaning of the paragraph. I should have pasted the whole paragraph in, as I think I might have confused things by showing only that line. Here's the new wording of the entire note:

Note: The transmitter information is always present. The absence of the "Sender:" field is sometimes mistakenly taken to mean that the agent responsible for transmission of the message has not been specified. The absence of the "Sender:" field merely means that the transmitter is identical to the author and is therefore not redundantly placed into a separate field.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102