Re: 2822upd-04 definition of terms needed

2008-01-28 10:05:37

ned+ietf-822(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
    I run into incompliant behavior of this and many
other sorts all the time. In most cases it isn't possible to communicate with
the responsible parties so there's no way to know why they did it.
It is nothing short of stunning how many people think they know how to
implement a protocol (the specific protocol is irrelevant) just from a cursory
examination of example protocol exchanges from some random book they flipped
through one day at a local bookstore. And no amount of added prose, or more
precise ABNF, or anything else we do is going to change this. In fact by making
our specifications longer we if anything make the problem slightly worse, not
better.

+1

d/

--