Re: 2822upd-04 definition of terms needed

2008-01-28 10:25:50

At 20:30 26-01-2008, Bruce Lilly wrote:
local time     as used in section 3.3.  Specifically, what is "local time"
if a (human) message composer is sitting in an airplane composing a
message via a telnet link to a (ground-based) host computer which will
then send the message via a separate, remote submission server?  [By
the way, the airplane is crossing over the (North) polar ice cap as
the composer travels an intercontinental great circle route to his
destination.]

Local time is the time to user considers as local. From the user's perspective, the local time does not change as the airplane crosses the ice cap. We might adjust our watches before we reach the destination and not as we cross each time zone.

Regards,
-sm