Re: [ietf-822] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-01.txt

2020-10-07 21:11:26
In article
<2d497f5a-6daf-617f-648e-29f91cdbd464(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> you
write:
- I wonder if it makes sense to have a way for the subject message to
provide a set of reaction choices recommended for use by a recipient in
composing a reply.   Such a facility could be used, for example, by a
mailing list to request specific responses,  or even for voting.
Presumably a separate header field would be used in the subject message
to specify choices, e.g.:

reply-react-choices = "Reply-React-Choices:" ("single" / "multiple") ";"
lwsp react-choice *("," lwsp react-choice)

I don't think it's a great idea to go down this particular rathole.

If you want to send people a multiple choice response form, the way to
do it these days to send a MIME HTML message body that contains a web
form. Reinventing this wheel doesn't seem very useful.

R's,
John