Re: [ietf-822] A "Reaction" strawman to throw into the mix

2020-11-02 15:00:42
In article <B6A2D19C-1790-4ACC-857B-DA4AFD0D4A86(_at_)episteme(_dot_)net> you
write:
   disposition-modifier /= reaction-word / reaction-emoji
   reaction-word = Atom
   reaction-emoji = emoji_sequence ; defined in [Emoji-Seq]

Urrgh. That seems overly clever. I like Ned's design because in MUAs
that don't know about reactions, it is a message containing the
reaction, which is not awful. MUAs that know about reactions can do UI
tricks to tie the reaction to the original message.

R's,
John

PS: By the way, if we're accreting features, I demand to be able to
add snippets of Emojicode, like I can add Javascript to HTML pages.

https://www.emojicode.org/