Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records

2003-03-03 07:22:35
Hi,

One issue I can see here: if I send mail from my home machine for
mydomain.org, connected using an ISP's dynamic pool of IPs for their
DSL

That's one of the bitter pills. As long as anyone with a
dynamic IP address is able to send mails with your address, then
there is no difference between the authorized sender and the abusing
attacker.

Many of the Spam messages I receive are sent from DSL accounts with
dynamically allocated IP addresses. If *you* are allowed to send
mail from jmason.org, then everybody else who can get the same
IP address a few minutes later would be allowed as well (as long as
we glue permissions to IP addresses and omit the time factor).

but is this really the problem? Most spam-mails with wrong sender
use domains like hotmail or other great freemailers. And this
freemailers doesn't use dynamic IPs. A test on this domains will
reject much more than 50% of spam...

Regards, Reinhold

--
                       Reinhold Jordan