Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records

2003-03-03 07:42:22
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 03:22:28PM +0100, Reinhold Jordan wrote:

Many of the Spam messages I receive are sent from DSL accounts with
dynamically allocated IP addresses. If *you* are allowed to send
mail from jmason.org, then everybody else who can get the same
IP address a few minutes later would be allowed as well (as long as
we glue permissions to IP addresses and omit the time factor).

but is this really the problem?

Believe me, it is. About a year ago, some Spammers were sending
millions of mails around the world and used random addresses from
my domain as sender addresses. I received tons of complaints and
cursing threats from people who received Spam, but didn't want to
believe that I don't have anything to do with it.

Most spam-mails with wrong sender
use domains like hotmail or other great freemailers. And this
freemailers doesn't use dynamic IPs. A test on this domains will
reject much more than 50% of spam...

Yeah, but once you start blocking splam from @hotmail, they will
start to use any random domain.

regards