Re: use of signatures is not restricted by law (Re: [Asrg] Proven solution for authenticating messages)

2003-03-04 14:20:21
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:40:42PM +0000, Adam Back wrote:
Which countries?

Oh, I bet you won't have much of a nice future in
North Korea, Iraq, maybe China, and some other countries
in Africa, in far east, of the arabian countries ...
if you insist on possessing a secret key.

That position has never been taken in any internet security protocol
that I have heard.

Because most security protocols are to be used voluntarily and not
with strangers. They are "can use if you want" but not "must use"
protocols.

But here we are talking about protocols that virtually
_everybody_ on the world using the internet (and e-mail is a essential
part of internet use, isn't it?) will have to adopt.

Is there any other internet security protocol that has gone so
far?

Hadmut