Re: [Asrg] Standardization of RFC headers for email contentanalysis?

2003-03-04 19:49:10
Keith Moore writes:
that and for the purpose of this discussion it's probably sufficient if we
classify a few kinds of things that analysis tools look for (e.g. originator
characteristics, signal path, gross message characteristics, specific
items in the content) and some of the kinds of filtering that are done based
on the analysis (e.g. discard, bounce, alter, delay, require confirmation)

General characteristics would be nice. However I know some companies will balk at providing too much detail about what characteristics they examine. However it would be useful to have some list of attributes. Our experience with most spam repositories has been that they assume content-filtering, and have so emasculated the headers that non-content-filtering solutions can't use them at all.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.