Re: [Asrg] New Internet Draft I'm working on

2003-03-05 05:02:58
Hi,

I just skimmed over you draft... are you aware that "_" is an INVALID
CHARACTER in current DNS? Don't let the stupid things Win2K does with its
pseudo-dns server fool you into thinking that is something that would survive
in the Internet... I guess my DNS cache resolver would simply refuse to issue
a request for 1.0.168.192._ds._client._smtp._tcp.lonehost.example.com or
something along the lines...

The idea is interesting, nonetheless... but I think you should take a look
into RFC 1034/1035 and their updates before going any further...