Re: [Asrg] Multiple Suggestions

2003-03-05 12:35:58
My home ISP blocks port 25.  As a result, I can't debug problems with
email from home.

--- Considering debugging a major issue in not allowing a closed port
25? I believe that this could be simply resolved with an internal only
server. It is not a insurmountable problem, just a technical one.

oh, they'd be happy to let me send to port 25 if I paid them $300/month.
mainly it's a bad precedent.

if ISPs charge for SMTP then they have even more incentive to harbor
spammers.

---- But easier to identify. Also, at this point you have destroyed
the reason why there is so much spam... because it truly costs next to
nothing.

no it just means I get spammed for Ivory Soap instead of Fireman's Pump.
it's still spam, and it's still obnoxious.

it's perfectly legitimate to send mail through other servers.  mobile
users need to do this quite often.

--- Sure it is, if you are connected to another service through a
dialup, the sending email should be able to be relayed to the "home"
server for delivery.

it's also perfectly legitimate to originate mail from a dialup line,
without relaying through some third party's server.

let's just say I'm glad you are not my ISP.  it's abuse like this that
illustrate just how important it is to let any ISP sell DSL over the
LEC's phone lines.

--- Keith, my ideas are my own and in no way reflect the position of
my employer.

nor did I say that they did.

Keith